Monday, May 30, 2011

Not What You're Expecting

So this is a first in 39 weeks, there will be no weigh in. Last week was a hard week all around. It started out not too bad and I was expecting that I wouldn't get as much exercise in due to having the garage sale and being busy with that. Something else came up that prevented me from exercising all together. It's a bit too personal to share with y'all but let's just say it was a bit painful and I was very worried that exercise would make it worse. Things seem to be doing better but I'm going to ease back into exercise. Because I wasn't working out, it was very hard to stick with the eating part. I'm an all or nothing girl. When I get into something I like to do it all the way and put 100% into it. It's a lot harder to only put 50% into it and stick with that. So the reason I'm not going to weigh in is that I don't want to see a gain and let that get to me. I'd rather take a little break and when I'm able to get back into things fully start up again. This deadline I put on myself was getting to be a lot of pressure and really what does it matter? It's not like I needed to fit into a wedding dress or a swimming suit for a vacation. It was just a date that I set 10 months ago so that I had some accountability. I feel like even though I haven't hit my 68 lb. loss yet(and probably won't in time for next Mon.) that my 63 lb. loss is pretty darn close enough. I was struggling with feeling like I was coming up with all these excuses but then I had to tell myself that that I made it this far so I know that I can do it. It's not like I was 3 weeks into this thing and then threw in the towel. I lost 63 freakin' pounds and if this thing that was out of my control happened and I am unable to exercise that's not my fault. I think specific goals are great for setting your eyes on something and reaching for them but it's okay if you don't quite reach them. I feel like mine have served their purpose in motivating me. I really kicked it into high gear last week and the timeline was what motivated me so much. I so wish I could have been just that into it this week and also for next week. I'm sure I would have lost those last 5 pounds. I have been thinking that I was going to take a break anyway and try to lose a little more beyond my goal-somewhere in the 130s. I still intend to do all of that but I'm just going to take a little break. I'm not exactly sure how long. Maybe a week or two. It's something that I need to just let happen in it's own time. When I'm fully recovered from this physical thing and I've kinda gotten the eating splurging out of my system then I'll know. It'll get that itch to get back in it. For now I'll try to focus on what I have achieved. I can't wait to get back into my normal exercise routine though. With the holiday weekend and also having the garage sale again this week, things will be out of whack. The lack of exercise has been the hardest part. I've felt so guilty about that but I just didn't want to make anything worse than it was.

3 comments:

  1. You have the motivation and determination to reach your goal so I think it's ok to go off track for a little bit. Besides, you lost 60+ freaking pounds already!! That's amazing in my book and you look really beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have come SO FAR!!! You know you can do it and you already have! Five pounds is a great goal to keep working towards but remember how much you've accomplished! I think we all agree you've already succeeded :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the SAME way! I always seem to eat poorly when I don't exercise! I'm a little discouraged myself because I think I've hit a plateau. Ugh plateaus. How did you break through yours?

    I'm very confident you will reach your goal. If not next week, very soon! Wish I only had 5 to go, but I will get there!!

    ReplyDelete