Thursday, January 13, 2011

In A Groove

I crave routines! Once I find something I like I stick with it. I think I do this in all aspects. If I'm shopping and find a shirt that I like, I'll buy it in 5 colors. It's not that I don't like variety, I'm just more of a simple girl. I'm a basic, run of the mill, meat and potatoes kind of girl. No need for anything too fancy. This is very evident in my eating patterns(ei. the doughnuts of last week). Today will be the third day in a row that I will have eaten almost the same exact menu. It works for me because then there is less thinking involved. I already took the time to plan it all out. I enjoyed it and it filled me up enough.
I have oatmeal for breakfast every single day. I think I will even when I'm done dieting(the Quaker boxes are on sale and with coupons on double coupon day, I'll be getting 23 boxes for $10, LOL) . It's pretty tasty(I love the Apple Cinnamon flavor) , it's a great way to start off the day and it gives me energy. This week I've been on a soup kick for lunch. I bought one of those Bear Creek pouches(on sale) and made a big batch of Creamy Potato soup. It was yummy! I love this option because then if I feel like a little change I can always add a few things to the soup like cheese or a little sprinkle of bacon bits. For dinners I've been having shredded chicken(cooked in the slow cooker with a little gravy) and rice. Rice is an awesome food! I can have 1 cup of it for about 200 cal. and by adding lots of veggies , a little chicken or shrimp I've got a full bowl of yummy goodness for a decent amount of calories.
So for now, I'll enjoy my routine of food! I just had my apple for a snack but now that I've been talking about my chicken & rice, I can't wait for dinner :P

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way! Forever I was on a bagel and chai kick, and now I am loving these egg & turkey bacon pita sandwiches I've been having for breakfast. Michael always tells me not to "burn myself out" on a food by eating it too often, but I just can't help it!

    ReplyDelete