Thursday, October 22, 2015

11/280

Today I did a HIIT workout instead of my normal cardio.  I did 2 min. warm up on the bike and then 30 sec sprints with 1 1/2 min. of normal pace.  I did 6 sets of the sprint/rest cycle and then a 2 min. cool down.  Then I hopped on the elliptical (since I didn't know if my butt could handle more than 15 min) and did 1 min. warm up with the same 30 sec sprints and 1 1/2 min. of normal pace.  It felt good but was kinda hard mentally to be okay with leaving the gym after only 1/2 an hour instead of one hour.  I will certainly get use to the time saver especially on days when I have other things I want to get done.  The number keeps going down on the scale each morning.  I do have a birthday party for a friend to attend on Saturday night and also a family get together Sunday afternoon.  I'm hoping that I can remain strong and not go overboard during these events.  I need this running start to keep me going and getting derailed this soon would not be good. I'm thinking soon I need to incorporate some lifting along with my HIIT so that I can maintain my muscle as well.  Pretty soon I will also be doing BodyCombat at the Y on the weekends which is such a good workout.  Eleven days does not sound like a long time but it certainly feels that way right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment