Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finally!

Yesterday my husband weighed himself and I weighed myself and.......I weigh less than him!!!! Finally! It feels good to weigh less than my husband as it should be. It's a weigh loss milestone I'm happy to have accomplished.
This week I'm really trying to put it into high gear in an effort to get to my goal faster. I'm working out for atleast 2 hrs. every day(sometimes even more if I can get out for walks). If at the end of this week, I see big results I might just make this a new habit for the duration of the weight loss. Also as I approach my goal, I am reconsidering the number I've set for myself. I recently starting getting caught up in the numbers of it all and getting greedy. What if I could lose more, could I get down to 125?!? I looked more into what would be a reasonable number for me to get down to. I have a scale that gives me my body fat percentage(but there is also found a handy link that gave me just about the same number for those of you without a special scale) and based on how much I have now I'm able to find out what I could get down to and still maintain a healthy body fat percentage. If I got down to 125(like I was dreaming about) I would only be at about 12% body fat which is WAY too low(10-12% is essential fat) so there is no way I could/should ever get down to that weight-just unhealthy for me. I could however manage to get down to 135 and still be at 18% (14-20% is the range for athletes and since I'm training for a triathlon it seems fitting). I will play things by ear on how hard it is to get down to my original goal of 140. If I feel like I could keep going for another 5 lbs. I will. Otherwise I may take a needed break and in a few weeks pick back up again and try for those last 5. It was so helpful for me to do that research to know what would be good for my body type. It's so easy to get caught up in the numbers of it all and to start setting unreasonable goals.

1 comment: