Monday, September 13, 2010

9/13 Weigh In Week 2

Loss for the week: 5.2 lbs.
Starting weight: 208.4
Current weight: 199.8
Total loss to date: 8.6 lbs.

This has been a good week!!! I'm sure I can't keep pulling out these big numbers but it's a good start to have already lost 8.6 lbs. in the first two weeks. Now only 59.4 more to go!
Today I really didn't feel like cranking out my workout since it was a hectic day. I took all 4 kids to the zoo (with my mom's help) but then on the way home we got stuck in traffic because the freeway went down to 1 lane for awhile. Luckily the baby was still sleeping because I couldn't imagine being in standstill traffic with a screaming 6 week old. Anyway, I dropped off my mom and went to fill up at the gas station. After putting gas in, I went to open the van door and couldn't because all the doors were locked. My van did this once before for some reason but luckily I had been at the gas station a few houses down from my house so I ran to get the extra key. Well this time I couldn't do that. I ran into the gas station to let them know and they called the sheriff for me. I went back to the van to try and see if my 4 year old could unbuckle herself. She tried and couldn't get it so I decided we'd just have to wait till the sheriff got there. Meanwhile,the baby is screaming and mommy is getting anxious. Then A tells me she has to go potty and a few minutes later it turns into "Mommy I'm going to have an accident soon!" I told her to try to unbuckle herself again and this time.... she got it!!! Praise the Lord for allowing A to free her brother and sisters from the locked van! I hauled all 4 kids in quickly to use the restroom and then we headed home. As stressful as that all was, I just really didn't feel like putting in some hard work. I did it anyway despite my day. I think we can always come up with a good excuse not to exercise but the important thing is to push through those feelings and (in the words of Nike) "Just Do It!"

4 comments:

  1. oh my, how scary!!! glad she was able to open the van door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - Praise the Lord is right!!! Also, I'm very proud of you - you are really doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are AWESOME! and what a story! :) Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe you worked out after all that and am very glad that A was able to get unbuckled!

    ReplyDelete